Friday 10 June 2011

Be on the offensive

As Christians, we’re to constantly launch an onslaught against the enemy. The bible says our adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about seeking whom he may devour (1peter 5:8). No wonder the bible admonishes us to arm ourselves in readiness to be on the offensive against him by putting on the whole armor of God (Ephesians 6:11). Some people believe the devil is very powerful and as a result, they always try to avoid talking about him. “It’s better to let sleeping dogs lie. If I don’t bother the devil, he won’t bother me.” But that’s wrong. You have to be on the offensive against the devil before he starts messing things up around you. The bible says for us to give no place to the devil (Ephesians 4:27). In other words, don’t give him any breathing space or the opportunity to run things amuck around you. Rather, everyday, go against him with the word! That’s the sword with which we cut the devil down any time he shows up.
  So, in your home, work place, or wherever you find yourself, be on the offensive against the devil. Maybe things haven’t really been going on well in your home and it’s as though the devil has been having a field day; it’s time for you to exercise dominion. Don’t sit idly by and watch things degenerate further. Begin to control the atmosphere in your home from the realm of the spirit.
You don’t have to shout when you’re doing this. Just sit in one spot and begin to declare the word of God. Say, “I take dominion over this home in the name of Jesus. I rebuke lack, poverty, sickness and disease. I declare that there’s health abundant wealth and prosperity in my home, in the name of Jesus. I banish the devil and his entire works of darkness from my family and from around me. I declare that there’s tremendous peace in my home, at work, in my finances and every area of my life, in the name of Jesus!”

No comments:

Post a Comment